Monday, January 9, 2012

Far and Wide

Tomorrow, I will be delivering this painting to Chesterfield Arts for inclusion in the Celebrate and Recognize exhibit at CA featuring artists members' work. My fellow artists at Wood Icing, Dawson and Mary Beth will have work in this exhibit too. The Exhibit runs from Jan 13 - March 2, 2012. The reception is Friday, January 13th from 6-8pm. Thank you Tracy, Nicole, Stacey, Annie and Nancy for giving us artists such great opportunities all of the time!

Far and Wide 16"x32" Click HERE for purchase

I loved making this painting and I am really happy with it. The super wide and narrow board I painted on just begged for this tree to be drawn into it! It is very similar to Cerebral Tree (the first in this series of paintings), but I wanted to really push the edges out to exaggerate the wide shape. The etched in tree pattern is actually green, which I haven't tried before and I loved painting that turquoise on the ledge! I can't pretend there is some deep meaning to this painting, because there isn't, but I am attached to it anyway. Probably because it made me happy to create it!

2 comments:

Thank you for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment!