Tuesday, October 4, 2011

My New Experimental Texture Class at Wood Icing

I finally did it! I made the examples, I set the date and now I am ACTUALLY promoting it. It's that last step that seems to stupidly go undone every time with me. The last class I taught was about painting over a textured ground. This class is about layering texture over texture and then painting acrylic over that! 



When I was thinking about how to share my experience with using texture in acrylic painting, I knew from the beginning that I am not trying to provide a project just to make a project. It is very important to me to provide a jumping point from which people can begin to experiment with texture. I thought it would be best to start where I had started myself. So I looked back at all of my textural paintings from the very beginning and separated my classes into different stages of my own work's evolution.


This class is from a series of paintings I started experimenting with in 2003 where I used the layers of texture to serve as my division of space on the picture plane. Texture was my guide in helping me decide where the color would go. That is always the most fun part; adding color! 
Here are the details if you are interested in taking this class :


October 29th and 30th from 11am-2pm.

This class provides an opportunity to experiment with creating a textured background using Wood Icing Textura Paste and then more texture over the top of that and lastly painting the project with acrylic paint. We will make two 6”x6” paintings on boards. The subject matter you paint is your choice, but I will provide an example of something representational and something non-representational. All materials are included in the class.

Classes must be paid in full in advance of the class. Fees are non-refundable, but can be transferred to another class with Heather Haymart within a year of the paid date. Pay over the phone (636) 536-0409 or at the register in the Wood Icing Studio Gallery. We take credit card and cash, no checks please.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment!