Thursday, June 17, 2010

Different Frequency

Different Frequency
24"x24"

Remember Feminine Kindness? Well, this is her brother. I started both of the paintings at the same time because I like to keep my options open when I am making a painting for someone. Feminine Kindness made her presence known right away and I knew she was for Julie, but this guy became her polar opposite of sorts.

I named him Different Frequency because ...you guessed it... two reasons. First, visually I think the design looks a little like what radio waves would look like if they were to be drawn. Secondly, I am commenting on the different frequencies on which people tend to try and communicate. If you have ever been in a relationship of any kind, then you know exactly what I am talking about. We are speaking the same language, maybe even in the same room, yet something different is being translated by each party. How does that happen? I know I don't have the answer, but this painting expresses that feeling for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment!