Friday, March 21, 2014

Finding Inspiration in Nature

This week is Spring Break for our kids, so I have not been painting, but it doesn't stop me from being inspired. One of our favorite things to do as a family is to explore new parks in our area. I love being in nature whenever possible. It provides me with a fresh eye and a sense of renewal. Luckily, in Missouri we don't have to travel far to be with nature.

If you know me, you know how much I love trees. You can bet this will be a painting in the future!

They were burning off the land at Shaw Nature Reserve and this was the coolest image to me. It was so awesome how the right side of the road was burnt and the left side of the road was still tall and lush with tall grass.

This was texture that I am guessing that bugs created in the wood of a look out structure they had. It reminds me of my squiggly texture I use, only much more interesting.

I don't know what kind of flowers these were, but I love them all dried up and swaying in the wind.

I took all of these photos and more at the Shaw Nature Reserve in Gray Summit, MO. I really hope we can make it back with the flowers start to bloom. It is an amazing place to spend time. I am so grateful for the inspiration nature provides.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment!