Thursday, October 24, 2013

Lots Going On!

Anne D,  I am working on your commission now!

Sometimes I wonder if I can make it through the week because there is just so much going on. Mostly good stuff, but just A LOT. In the last week, we celebrated my beautiful daughter, Quincy's 12th birthday, my beautiful niece Malaya's 1st birthday, Max (my son) went to his first homecoming dance, we visited with some of my dearest friends from grade school, Max had a cross country meet, Quincy cheered at a middle school football game and performed at the high school pep rally, and then as if we couldn't take any more, Quincy hurt her neck while brushing her hair the morning she was supposed to leave for 6th grade camp. She hurt it three chiropractor visits kinda bad. We got her in shape enough for me to drive her to 6th grade camp one day late and now I am just a mess worrying about if she is in pain or not. All the while, I am trying to finish 8"x8" paintings for RiverArtsFest in Memphis, TN. Oh and I signed up to take Brene Brown's online course Gifts of Imperfection. Yep, why not just pile it on, right?


Typing it out makes me feel like a whiner, but I am not really whining, I am feeling blessed when I think about it. I'm tired and stressed, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. I have the pictures to prove it, my life is full of family, love and a passionate career. That is a blessing, no matter how hard I fall into bed at night. 

Ten new 8"x8" paintings ready to be varnished as soon as I finish this blog post!

 So, if you are checking in from Memphis, TN please come see me and my new paintings in Booth #19!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment!