Tuesday, June 25, 2013

The Perfect Tweet at the Perfect Time

If you are a fairly regular reader of my blog, then you know I am always open to new ideas for time management. It has always been a challenge for me to try and figure out how to manage my time being a mom, artist and run a gallery. This morning I looked at twitter for the first time in ages while I finished my coffee and came across Danielle LaPorte's post from her blog (thank you Danielle!) She has apparently shared this one before, but it was my first time reading it. Must have been fate. She suggests all these ideas that make my control freak self shutter, but I am thinking this summer is the perfect time to experiment with her ideas. Here is the article if you want to read it, but the ideas that stuck with me the most were; to get rid of my detailed to do list (mine gives me heart palpitations in the middle of the night), choose three things to accomplish in a week (instead of the 17 things that I fantasize about accomplishing and never do) and lastly yoga (she didn't say yoga was a time management fixer but she mentioned yoga and I really want to make time for it). I am going to read the article again, because I know I really need to stop some of the misery making habits I have formed.

So, on the topic of art making.... this week in the studio I have been creating a new painting for someone who came in to Wood Icing, inspired by Crux of Beauty and it is coming along quite nicely. I am also working on a tree painting for another woman, but I have no photos of that yet.

Detail photo #1 Work in Progress

Detail photo #2 WIP

Detail photo #3 WIP
Can you see the changes from photo to photo? I think I will finish this one tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. I love seeing a work in progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to always think of ahead of time when you are working, but it is fun to document the progression.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment!