Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The Varnishing Factory is in Full Effect

My Basement Studio is filled wall to wall with paintings!
The last two weeks have flown like the wind, but I did it. I should say WE did it. My husband has been THE most understanding, and helpful guy a girl could ask for. He is picking up the slack with the kids and dinner and fixing my frames and wiring my paintings. I am a very lucky woman.

As I write this very delayed blog entry, 11 finished paintings sit in my dining room waiting to be photographed and the last 25 paintings are drying; frames painted black, varnish on top. All 37 would be finished, but when we brought one up today, it became apparent that it suffered from a bow in the frame. So tomorrow, Ben is going to take it apart and re-build a better frame and the I will paint and varnish the very. last. one. after I get home from Wood Icing.


...and today is Day 3 of painting frames black and varnishing!
This has been an amazing experience for me creatively. I noticed last week, as I was coming close to finishing I felt like slowing down. I think I didn't want it to end. I have loved this idea of creating a group of paintings for one room, for one exhibit. I am exausted and ready for it to be over, but I will miss having this body of work in progress. I will miss it being a part of my days.

Postcard for the William Woods Unversity Cox Gallery Exhibit
If you live close enough, please consider coming to see Chris McCarthy's beautiful glass work and my paintings this Sunday Feb 10th from 1-2:30 in Fulton, MO. It's just outside of Columbia, MO. I will be doing an artist talk/demo afterwards. The exhibit will be on view from Feb 10-March 12, 2013. This will be the only chance there is to see all of these pieces together. After this they will be separated and hopefully sold. (fingers crossed)

7 comments:

  1. Congrats Heather, on an amazing body of works and the up coming exhibition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! You certainly have been a busy girl!!! Congrats on the exhibition and best of luck with sales! Your work is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carol, that is really nice to hear. I think I am getting nervous today about seeing everything up on the walls, so your kind words are boosting my confidence a little when I need it!

      Delete
  3. Wow indeed, incredible body of work Heather. Glad you have a great husband on your side too. Mine is coming to a gallery opening with me tomorrow where my work is displayed, he's my biggest supporter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathryn! I hope your show was a great success!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful! From Dina.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment!