Friday, January 11, 2013

Starting the year off PAINTING!

Wow, time goes by fast during the holidays doesn't it? In my head I had only skipped blogging for about a week. As you know, I am working towards a deadline. 32 (changed from 30) paintings finished by January 31st for the William Woods University Exhibit. Wow! I think I am going to do it. I really do.

Here is the count down so far... 8 Paintings finished, 19 in progress, and 4 weeks to go. Keep in mind that they are all different sizes ranging from 8 inches to 72 inches. Tonight I plan to work on the small ones at my kitchen table instead of down in my studio, so I can still hang out with my family.



Below is the image I sent for the post card. The exhibit is going to be called; Transitions in Color and Texture with Heather Haymart and Chris McCarthy. The reception will be Sunday, February 10th from 1:00-2:30 and then I will be doing an artist talk/demo afterwards. I think I have selectively forgotten about the artist talk. Better get to planning that too!

Beneath the Layers 16"x 24" 

I know all of this sounds crazy, and it kind of is considering that I am running the Wood Icing Gallery, finishing a commission, have another one waiting in the wings for after the exhibit (thankfully!), I am trying to help my 8th grader plan for high school stuff, and keep up with my 5th grader's activities, BUT, and it is a big BUT, I am so happy about this body of work I am creating. The other day, I finished a little section of one of my paintings where some orange showed through some blue and I squealed out loud right there in my studio all by myself. This is joy, and it is why I keep driving myself crazy with all of this. Those are the moments that remind me of why I HAVE to create.

2013 Art Calendar for sale on Etsy!
Click HERE to purchase.
Ooooh! I almost forgot! I sent my 2013 art calendars to my top collectors this year as thank you gifts and I have a few more I would like to sell. They are $14.95 in my Etsy shop and I have some available at Wood Icing in the Chesterfield Mall in Missouri too. If you are still looking for a pretty calendar to use this year, please think about buying mine!

1 comment:

  1. Wow is very beautiful. Your blog is very interesting and beautiful. Kisses from Spain.

    http://redecoratelg.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment!