Tuesday, December 11, 2012

The Countdown Continues....

7 paintings in progress, 6 paintings finished, 8 weeks left!
The Countdown Continues....

It's getting to be crunch time. My 30 new paintings need to be finished for the William Woods University exhibit by January 31st, but I need to send an image for the post card first thing next week, and I need to have all of the painting titles turned in by January 5th. No stress here! It's a good stress though. I am excited, and I am making paintings I really like. Holding them back for right now is KILLING me! My studio is beginning to fill up with finished paintings, and works in progress. I am also working on a commissioned tree painting right now too. Don't even ask me about my Christmas shopping! This is the dream though. I am making paintings from my soul, for a living and for myself.
 
Does it get any better than this?


William Woods Exhibit 2013 works in progress



Large Painting in Clamps
This is my next painting I plan to start as soon as Ben is finished building it. It is 42"x72". I need to make one to replace the one I sold in Memphis. I am planning to make four in total for the exhibit. One down, three to go!

2 comments:

  1. Is this a solo show? didn't know about it, congrats! Jan 31?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susie! No, it isn't a solo show. I invited a glass artist named Chris McArthy to join me. The reception is Sunday Feb 10th, but I gave myself a Jan deadline to be finished painting so I can wire, etc and install before that date. I wrote about it here if you would like to hear more about it: http://heatherhaymart.blogspot.com/2012/11/my-big-show-in-2013.html

      Delete

Thank you for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment!