Monday, July 9, 2012

Releasing

Releasing 24"x48"


I think I must have been feeling like I need to be in nature when I made this group of paintings. They all seem to embody the feeling I get when I get to be outdoors. This painting is called "Releasing". Like many of my paintings, the title tends to have more than one meaning. I used bronze metallic paint with my fluid acrylics to get the warm and flickering browns and I used a little copper paint on the little circles rising up from the earth. The little circles represent the earthy energy that rises from the ground, through our feet and into our souls. I HAVE to be outside sometimes. It feels like fuel to me. This painting brings a little outdoor magic inside.


2 comments:

Thank you for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment!