Monday, February 28, 2011

Wise Old Tree

This texture etching is something that I have been doing for quite a while now. I love to etch this pattern into the texture to create a tree. I have etched into my texture for years in different ways, but these trees are new to me. You might remember me saying how this evolved from a ink drawing in my sketch book. This way of working reminds me of the intaglio plates I used to etch in printmaking. I remember being more attracted to the metal plate than to the print I could pull from it in college. It is funny how certain experiences stick with you and then reveal themselves to you at a later time in your life.
This makes me understand how personal experiences in life come back to visit you in different ways too.


Wise Old Tree 24"x16"
I can tell that this way of working is leading me in a new direction and I am so excited about the different ideas I have. Can't wait until they come to fruition! Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment!