Thursday, November 18, 2010

Primary Treasure


Primary Treasure
12"x12"
SOLD


This painting began as a little study while I re-acquainted myself with using various color schemes and color mixing techniques. I think we sometimes get in a color rut, or habit or something and forget about the endless possibilities we have at our fingertips. Primary Treasure seemed like the perfect title. I used only primary colors and maybe a little white to reach my color goals in this painting. I experimented with my forgotten practices of mixing complementary colors and it was so fun! I sold it to this wonderful woman in Memphis who decided it would look nice with two of my 8"x8" paintings and I had to agree. Once again it was hard to say goodbye to this little treasure, but that process frees me and enables me to continue painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment!