Sunday, September 19, 2010

Taking Root

Taking Root
24"x48"
SOLD!
I blogged about this painting in August when I started it. The colors and general design were inspired by an artist trading card I made. I finished this painting just in time to take it to Chicago. Since I have been home, I have been so busy, I haven't had time to write about it and then last night my mom called me from Wood Icing saying she had a couple interested in it and needed to know the price. She called me back 10 minutes later to make my day and tell me they bought it! They said they were just popping in to kill time before catching a movie and fell in love with it. Lucky for me! My biggest concern was that I thought I hadn't taken a good picture of it, but I apparently did the morning before we left for Chicago and I had completely forgotten.

Taking Root is a painting that was mostly about color and I knew I wanted to include my cool little tree in it when I started it . As I worked through it, I realized that I was painting about my decision to take root at Wood Icing. After a year of fun, stress, and hard work I realized I wanted more. I have decided to take root at Wood Icing in every way. I am partnered with my mom, teaching, and creating in that space. It is a great place to be a part of and I am so optimistic about the future.

So thank you anonymous couple from the mall! You made my day and gave me the sign I needed to feel confident in my decision to "take root".

1 comment:

  1. Congrats, Heather! Beatiful painting. I'm glad you got a good photo of it before it was gone.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment!