Sunday, September 20, 2009

Get Creative

This is one of my new larger paintings called Get Creative. This painting came into being as I walked down the steps into my studio. I had two hours to paint that day and I was feeling a little pressure to come up with something new. As I was walking down the steps, I thought to myself I just have to get creative (sarcastically). Like that is so easy. You just make yourself get creative on demand in the time slot you have available with your day. Ha ha, very funny.

When I sat down in front of my new, white, ready to paint, board; this painting is what I saw in the white. I think I started with yellow because I am having a love affair with yellow these days. The more simple yellow areas of the painting represent the time that I am not able to paint. The Red strips containing so many different squares represent all of my ideas. Creative time. They are like thumbnail sketches. They represent the many ideas that float in and out of my head. Some come to fruition and some never make it past a thought. I love when something that seems impossible comes out to be even better that what you had hoped for.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy these colors and separateness of the spaces.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment!