Thursday, September 24, 2009

Garden of Allowing


32"x32"
SOLD
                                                                           

I always feel like I am making introductions when I post a new painting and it's story on my blog. This new painting is a large 32 inch square. I named it Garden of Allowing because it is very much about the process of allowing things to happen instead of feeling like I need to control everything. This is so hard for me to accept in life. While I was making this painting, I had the urge to make more defined areas and really control the design and color, but as it progressed I realized that this was an opportunity for me to just let things happen and trust that it will all work out. I find that in my every day life this is so true, yet nearly impossible to practice on a regular basis. When I do let go and let in, things do get better. I think the same is true for this painting. If it never sells, I will be perfectly happy letting it live in my home because it will remind me to allow.


I am such a ding dong. I almost forgot to mention that I will be in Chicago this weekend for the Lakeview East Festival of the Arts. Please come to see my new work. I have 11 new little tree paintings and six new abstracts, not counting the ten that I was showing off at Gateway Gallery two weeks ago.

3 comments:

  1. Wow. Love your work!
    Just found your blog from Beyond the Art Fair.
    I'll be back to see more yumminess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your use of texture and color! Wonderful. A pleasure to look at.

    Found your work browsing through Etsy at scrabble tile pendants.

    Best -

    A fellow Etsian artist/ creative designer.

    http://DanielMontoyaStudio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw both of these last weekend in your gallery. Fabulous! Eager to see what you do next!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment!