Friday, May 22, 2009

Feeling So Grateful

This is my booth at the Washington Art Fair. My neighbor Nicole Collins let me borrow that black table cloth which I think looks great. Now I need to find some time to make one for myself. I've been spoiled.

So here's the breakdown of the weekend:
Friday: Terrifying because of the weather.
Saturday: Cold, but not scary and decent sales. Thank goodness.
Sunday: Beautiful weather, and I won an award 2nd place in the 2D category and sales were good.

I have debated whether or not to mention sales. I don't want people to think that is the only reason I make art, but it is very important to me to help contribute to my family income. Especially since I take so much of our family's time with my art passion and career. Last year was just so bad for me and this was my first fair of the season. I was really close to throwing in the towel and this weekend has reminded me that people really do value what I make. That is a great feeling.

So I am just so grateful. I am grateful for a paycheck. I am grateful for my grandma bringing me lunch, TWICE! I am grateful for my award, and the great weather on Sunday. I am grateful for Becky the volunteer who stood in ankle deep water with me helping me pack my paintings up in the storm on Friday night. I am grateful for meeting and making a trade with my neighbor Nicole. (I love my earrings!) I am just so grateful for this reawakening of hope that I have.

1 comment:

  1. Yay Heather!!!! I think it's actually really cool to hear about other artist's selling their works, it's encouraging and it can happen :) And Heather your work is so gorgeous. Congrats it sounds like you've got all sorts of great things going on and busy I know once school gets out it's such a different schedule! thanks for your comments the other day on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment!