Tuesday, March 24, 2009

My Bruges Painting

Oh my gosh when are the things on my to do list going to catch up with my life?

Point is...I am just now posting my Bruges painting that has been on exhibit at the Gateway Gallery for a week and a half now. As you might know, I struggled with it but found it to be a very rewarding experience. The gallery was so packed and I think that was because of the idea of 16 artists making their own version of the same image. It was so crowded that someone actually stole one of my necklaces! I almost cried. Big jerk.

Anyway here is my Bruges painting in all of it's glory.


I will be posting more about this exhibit on the Gateway Gallery Blog soon.

4 comments:

  1. I do love the way you interpreted this image. It's bright, imaginative, and definitely "Heather." I'm glad you had a good time with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was one fun interpretation you did. I was really looking forward to see how you were going to handle this with your style. It's kind of magical - makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love how you interpreted it too. I love your use of color Heather!!! Sorry some jerk had to steal your necklace but I'm glad you still had a good time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There you go. I love were you went with it. It was fun to see where you were and how you really put your stamp on it. Great job

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment!