Monday, August 18, 2008

Empty Nest

Today is the beginning of a new era for me. I know "empty nest" is usually reserved for parents who's children have left for college, but my nest feels empty too. Even if it is for just 6 1/2 hours a day. I have been staying home with my children since my oldest (Max) turned 9 months old and he is nine now. What made it official is that my 6 year old (Quincy) is going into first grade this year. I am so excited to have a some freedom and work with less interruptions, but I feel a little like I am trying to swim without a life jacket for the first time. It is very strange and very quiet. I hope I can live up to the visions of productivity I have in my mind. If so, my life should get so organized, my paintings should get worked on during normal hours of the day, my house should be clean and my laundry done. Not to mention I will see all the art shows I care to see and I will nurture my social life a little more. Lofty expectations? Maybe, but you can't blame a girl for dreaming.

1 comment:

Thank you for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment!