Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Life's Little Curves

My Chix trip was great but unfortunately, I hit the ground running when I got home on Sunday. I found out that my mom went to the hospital Saturday night for stomach pain and getting sick to her stomach. It has been a series of waiting and "I don't knows". We are hopeful to get some real answers today. This morning she said she is hallucinating about food because she hasn't been able to eat any real food since Saturday. She always seems to keep a sense of humor in these types of situations.

That is the thing about being my own boss and being a creative. I am lucky enough to be able to rearrange my schedule to be at the hospital as often as possible because I want to hear what the doctors say when they finally bless us with their presence. I couldn't even think about painting right now but it is in the back of mind. I have deadlines and I feel so overwhelmed. It will all work out though, one way or another.

Since I don't have any pictures, I will end with a funny story about my kids. Quincy and Max were arguing over something in the bathroom so I stepped in and asked what was the problem. Quincy, while crying says "I was singing and Max complemented me.....In a mean way!" I wanted to say, "That would be an insult honey." I couldn't stop laughing to get it out of my mouth which made everything worse of course. It is terrible, but every time she gets really upset, I get the uncontrollable giggles.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Heather,

    I hope they figured out was was wrong with your Mom and I she is feeling better.

    S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for asking Sharon. My mom is doing just fine now and she will be following up with visits to some doctors, but we are all feeling very grateful that she is home and healthy. I'd like to think that this was just a little wake up call to remind us to enjoy life and take good care of ourselves.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment!