Monday, March 31, 2008

"Your Life is an Ocassion, Rise To It"

OK maybe I am a big dork because I have been inspired by a line from Mr Magorium's Wonder Emporium, but I don't care. You know the movie with Dustin Hoffman and Natalie Portman? We watched it with the kids this past weekend and I just loved it. Throughout the whole movie, Portman's character played piano in her head by wiggling her fingers in the air, at her side, on the bus etc. She was apparently trying to finish a composition she was working on since childhood. I really felt that I could relate to this. I feel that no matter where I am, or what I am doing, I am thinking about painting and art. I am sure that goes against the whole philosophy of living in the moment, but I just can't turn it off. I don't think I want to.

Speaking of occasions, yesterday Ben and I went to Grape Arts. The art auction benefit for Art St. Louis. It was at Windows Off Washington (above the City Museum), and it was really great. I donated a painting called Remember to Live. Lots of people bid on it and I think it brought in a decent amount of money. I was so flattered to see people guarding their bids so they could get my painting. Oh my gosh. What an ego boost! The green part of the painting is life and the yellow part is what happens when busy lives get in the way of living. Both are good, but I hope to keep it balanced enough that the yellow (busy) doesn't take over the green (living a good life). Seems to be a recurring theme for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment!