Monday, March 3, 2008

Venus Envy 2008

This is the invitation for Venus Envy 2008. The all women's exhibit is at the Mad Art Gallery through the month of March. The reception is Friday, March 7. I am one of fifteen artists to be accepted by Dr. Jacquelyn Lewis-Harris into the exhibit and I am excited to show what I have been working on. My project is a visual expression of a sampling of prominent feminist influences from the early nineteenth century to present. Each painting will represent an individual who has played or is currently playing a significant role in shaping women’s rights. The puzzle-like arrangement of the paintings is symbolic of how, although separated by time, women are constantly working together toward a greater goal. We get to benefit from the efforts of our foremothers and with their help we are paving the way for our granddaughters to create the best tomorrow for all woman and mankind alike. I am sure that it is a stretch for some people to see how my paintings represent these women. Over the next eight days, I will explain each painting and where I was coming from. In the end, it was a great experience for me and I hope this comes through to you, the viewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment!