Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Paint More, Blog Less

Well I have finally finished my first paintings in 2008. They will be on display and for sale at Art Trends Gallery for awhile. This Friday, Feburary 8, is an Artists Reception/Valentines Party from 5-8 or later. Nancy will be having a live band and some food and drinks. Should prove to be a good time. All totaled, I think I have between 8 and 10 peices there including my two new ones. I am looking forward to seeing how they look hanging together.

The first one is called Building a Dream. It is 32"x24". I am always so ready to start fresh at the beginning of a new year. This painting represents that feeling I have when I am making my lists, setting my goals, and planning the future. I am crossing all my t's and dotting all my i's in pure optimism about what the next year will hold for me and my family. Constructing the future.

The next painting is called Inspired Charm. It is 32"x24". I was being lead by the media while I was painting this. I didn't realize it until I was done where my inspiration came from. Once I saw it though, there was no denying. My cousin Amie King's jewelry. I am so proud of her. She is pursuing her dream and making this beautiful jewelry and I am just so inspired by her motivation, talent and success. I am sure that is how this painting came about. I just love to wear my necklace and rings that she has made, it must have seeped from my heart onto my painting.

1 comment:

  1. ahw! that's so sweet. i got goose bumps. i can totally see the similarities. thanks for making my day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment!