Friday, September 7, 2007

Not So Gray Matter

Well I finally finished this painting. It has been sitting in my studio daunting me with its unfinishedness, and now I can finally call it done. I had just finished this group of 8x8's and they were on my easel next to this painting and I noticed how the pattern I had made in the back ground resembled a grouping of the 8x8's. It reminded me of how my head feels. All these paintings bouncing around not quite defined yet and some beginning to come to the forefront of my mind. So I added a few defined squares to the painting to represent my ideas budding out of the "gray matter". It really evolved into a great representation of my own personal creative process. I hope you enjoy it. It really is much better in person. No matter how hard I try I can't get the texture to come across in pictures the way I would like.
On a side note...tonight I am going to be at the Mad Art Gallery in St. Louis for the opening of the Women's Caucus Exhibit. I went to see the juror, Judy Onofrio give a talk at RAC last night and she was great. She was so real and genuine. I am proud to have my work selected by her. Also, because I thrive in chaos, we are leaving from the opening and driving to Chicago for an art fair in LaGrange, IL. I really hope it turns out to be worth the lack of sleep!

1 comment:

  1. I love hearing the stories behind the paintings. Way cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment!