Tuesday, September 4, 2007

I Closed My Eyes and They Were Grown

This is one of my newest paintings. I finished it just in time to take it to Oswego, IL. I just love it and I can't believe I had to let it go so fast. Sometimes, when I close my eyes, I can see colors and shapes and sometimes they become paintings. That is how this painting came to be. As I was working on it, I was thinking about my daughter Quincy and how she just started kindergarten and how my son, Max is already in third grade. The time has gone so fast. Part of the time you wish away and part of it you try to hold onto. When I realized the correlation between the image and my thoughts, I almost started to cry. That is when I came up with the title, I Closed My Eyes and They Were Grown. It is so magical when that happens. I would be sad about selling it but thankfully the right people bought it. It truly resonated with them because (if I remember correctly) their youngest just left for college. If I have this much trouble letting go of my paintings, just think what a mess I will be as I "let go" of my children.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Heather! That really is an honor. I'm so excited for you. That's better than any award. Totally impressed

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment!